1 Click Services Limited trading as Hooble (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to complying with relevant data protection and privacy laws.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The data controller is 1 Click Services Limited of 8 King Edward Street, Oxford, England, OX1 4HL. ICO Registration Number ZA158832
If you are a customer or are interested in our services
What personal data do we collect and why?
We collect and process information about you when you interact with us and our services; when you complete a form on https://hooble.dev/ (“our site”), register to use our site, subscribe to our service, place an order on our site, report a problem with our site, make enquiries or respond to communications from us by phone, email or otherwise.
The personal data we collect and process are your contact details (name, address, e-mail address and phone number).
If you are a sole trader or partnership then the payment details (billing address and results from credit reference agencies) we collect when you make purchases from us are deemed to be, and treated as, personal data. We do not store your credit card information.
When you have expressed interest in our services: we use your contact details to answer any queries that you may have about our services or other related queries based on “legitimate interest”.
When you are in the process of acquiring one or more of our services: we use this personal data to answer any further queries including around the service terms and conditions and for the payment and provisioning of the service(s). This is based on “contractual necessity”.
We use your contact details to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you based on “legitimate interest”.
- If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please utilise the relevant box(es) situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Who do we share your information with and where?
We share your personal data to those of our employees, contractors and affiliated partners that need to know that information in order to provide the Services you have or are looking to purchase. Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We require all such parties to maintain the security and confidentiality of your information, and to process the data in accordance with our instructions.
The storage and processing systems (including email) that we use in the day to day running of our business which may hold your personal data are selected for, and monitored on, how they meet the requirements of current UK data protection legislation. Where this includes storage or processing of information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we include checks to ensure that compliance with the appropriate frameworks for exchange of personal data (such as the EU-US Privacy Shield) is in place.
We may be required to share your information:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If 1 Click Services Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of 1 Click Services Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not rent nor sell your personal data to anyone.
How long will we hold your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose that it was originally stored and processed.
- For customers, your information will be retained for the time in which you use our services and for six years afterwards in order to satisfy audit and legal requirements.
- For enquiries we will keep your contact details until you inform us otherwise.
If you have applied for a job
If you have sent us your CV, or we have received your CV from a recruitment agency, we will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for, but it might affect your application if you don’t.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary. If you are unsuccessful we will hold your CV for a further six months.
If you are successful we will provide you with details on the further information we will require, why and what we will do with it during the offer process and your employment.
If you are just visiting our website
We do not collect any of your personal data unless you specifically supply it.
Our websites include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies of third parties.
Security of your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. 1 Click Services Limited is certified to the UK Government’s Cyber Essentials Scheme and is certified to ISO 27001 and ISO9001.
Where we share your personal data with others, as defined above, we require all such parties to maintain the security and confidentiality of your information, and to process the data in accordance with our instructions.
- You have specific rights concerning the information we hold about you:
- You have the right to access personal data held about you
- You have the right to have inaccuracies corrected for personal data held about you
- You have the right to have personal data held about you erased
- You have the right to object to direct marketing being conducted based upon personal data held about you
For our customers, you may exercise the majority of your rights via the Customer Portal. You may exercise any of your rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the Data Protection Officer, 1 Click Services Ltd, North Warehouse, Gloucester Docks, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2FB.
1 Click will only charge for any requests that are deemed unreasonable or excessive.
For full details on your rights see the Information Commissioners Office’s website.
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office: www.ico.org.